Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tony Bennett, my fave Jazz artist

This guy here is my fave Jazz artist. Tony Bennett, everyone. You want to know why I love him? His voice, yes, his voice is just so unique and to my liking. Yeah, of course I love Frank's voice, Dean's and Sammy's, too. But there's something about Tony's voice that really portrays something about Jazz. He has that, what I call, husky and yet smooth type of voice. It really is suited for Jazz, I should say. Not many people knew him in his early days during the 50s to the 70s. But from what I read, and from how I've come to know him, Tony became popular from the 80s onwards. His trademark song, "I Left My Heart In San Francisco" (now you know!), has made even the newer generation recognise his name. Well, Tony, thanks for all those wondeful songs like "Stranger In Paradise", "The Good Life", "In The Middle Of An Island", "When Joanna Loved Me", and I love your slow version of "Fly Me To The Moon", it really puts me to sleep - in a good way! (I'm seldom able to sleep sometimes...)
Dean Martin & Tony Bennett - A Medley Of Songs
If I'm not wrong, this was performed on Dean Martin's show. Tony Bennett was his guest star and they started singing a medley of songs. 2 great artistes, really. Very comedic, very suave...
Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco
This is Tony Bennett performing his all time hit, "I Left My Heart In San Francisco". As you can see, he's much older now. But there's one thing that stands out: His voice has become an epitome of Jazz itself.

No comments: