Friday, June 16, 2006

Everything that happens is a coincidence?

This is called The Sigil. It is derived from the Lo Shu square and it is said to be a good fortune symbol. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "This guy's obsessed with good luck!" Well that's right! I am obsessed with creating good fortune in everything I do. I believe that there is no such thing as coincidence. I have a quote about this, and here it goes, "Luck and coincidence are two different explanations of the same thing."

Some people believe that everything that happens is always a coincidence. I believe that everything happens for a reason (sounds like John Locke from the TV series "Lost"). We create what we want to experience, and what do I mean by that? Whatever you see in your mind's eye, you will eventually experience it. Heard of the saying, "What goes around, comes around"? Or the Boomerang effect, like what I call it. Was there ever a time you really wanted something, or really wanted to meet someone for instance, and you actually met that person? Was there ever a time you honestly meant something to happen, and it actually did? To be honest with you, I've experienced many of these things. At first I didn't care much about what had happened, thinking it was only a coincidence. It wasn't until I read an article about the theory I just mentioned and suddenly, all was clear. I realised that when you honestly want something to happen, it will. Let me use that example on wanting to meet someone.

This happened not just once, but a few times. I remember one incident very clearly. In fact it just happened a few weeks back. If you've read my first few posts from the start, you'll know that I just finished my O-levels in secondary school, and I am now studying in a polytechnic. I know a few friends who had gotten into the same polytechnic as me. From day one in the polytechnic, we never saw each other. After some time, I happened to think of one of those friends. I thought, "Hey, how come I still haven't met him after all this time even though we're in the same polytechnic?" It was a very casual thought, a very light and fast thought that flashed in my mind. But it was an honest thought. In other words, I really meant to meet him in my heart, although consciously I didn't realise it. From what I've experienced, honest thoughts happen by their own accord. You cannot tell yourself to think about something because you really want it to happen. Honest thoughts come from your heart; your mind only acts as a screen to portray what your heart is thinking. And then subconsciously the thoughts become wants. Just like when I said I really meant to meet him although consciously, I didn't realise it. And guess what happened. I was at the library one afternoon, and then I had a phonecall. I answered and you know who was on the line. It was that friend I was thinking of meeting all along, and he asked where I was and wanted to meet with me. Coincidence?

I'm telling you, if your heart wants it, you'll get it. I'm starting to believe this theory and I hope I can experience some more to prove to you that this is true. But for now, this is my stand on what you experience in life. Things don't just come to you. They come because you want them to...

No comments: