At last... The Beatles. I kept telling myself to research their music for so long and now, here they are. How do I start? Well, I always knew I'd like The Beatles's music although I've never really heard them in detail. The most I've seen or heard about The Beatles were in documentaries or mere advertisements on them. Finally, I'm able to hear most of their music and I must say, The Beatles really made an impact on the music scene during the 60s to the 70s.Their tunes are very familiar to us even today. Songs like "In My Life", "Twist And Shout", "Yesterday", "I Want To Hold Your Hand", and "Can't Buy Me Love" have made a mark on us for some reason. Their early Rock & Roll style of music can capture the hearts of many people, including the newer genaration. You could say they were the first so called 'Punk' band in the 1960s. Their famous mob of hair and tailored suits have become their trademark. Fans at that time were extremely crazy about them, letting their hair down at concerts around the world.
Today, The Beatles have influenced even the modern Punk bands presently in the music scene. I dare say The Click Five are following their hairstyle and dressing. And since they are a "Punk" band, I guess they're making fun of The Beatles. (That's what Punk is all about, ain't it?)Probably the most famous "Beatle" still living today is Paul McCartney. He has already made a solo career out of himself, with his latest album "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard". If you ask me, I still prefer the time when The Beatles reigned supreme. Anyway, things change, and so do people. The music scene is changing everyday, with more and more artistes rising and falling at the same time. Ultimately, The Beatles have made their mark on the world and as for every great band or artist, I salute their work in the music industry and may their legacy live on...
The Beatles - In My Life
One evergreen favourite for me. This song has one fine melody and heartwarming lyrics...
The Beatles - Twist And Shout
Funky little song, this one. I've never thought John Lennon would sing like that by the looks of his face. I've also noticed that The Beatles have this habit of shaking their heads when they sing words like "Ohh". It makes the girls go wild, haha!
The Beatles - All My Loving
Oh I just love the chords of this song! Hear that guitar! The melody's great, very nostalgic...
The Beatles - She Loves You
Old time love, haha! Again, the melody's very nostalgic and fun...
The Beatles - Yesterday
This sad one's composed by Paul McCartney, if I'm not wrong. Speaks about lost love...
The Beatles - Love Me Do
"Love Me Do" reminds me of a cowboy sitting on his horse and singing this song. You can see John Lennon playing the Harmonica also...
The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
I have a feeling this can be a song from a classic version of the movie, "Grease", don't you agree?
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
Taken from the movie, "A Hard Day's Night". To tell you the truth, I've never even knew there was such a movie, haha!
The Beatles - Help
Wow, nostalgic melody as usual. "Help" was a song that made their comeback to the music scene, from what I read.
The Beatles - Hey Jude
Ohh, very touching lyrics, this one. You'll recognise the melody, believe me. Especially at the last part when they start to sing, "Na na na..." One of their more recent performances, I'm sure...
No comments:
Post a Comment