Pretty cool picture of a Phoenix, huh? Happened to come across this one. You know, in Chinese mythology, the Phoenix represents fame and opportunity. It's one of the four celestial animals and one thing about the Phoenix is that when it stands alone, its energy is very yang. But when it is placed next to a Dragon, it symbolizes the yin energy while the Dragon is yang. So the two together represent the combination of yin and yang, signifying a balance between the two energy forces and also represent marital bliss, a symbol of everlasting love. Cool? Well, I hope you do enjoy reading these stuff because I must say, I'm fascinated with Chinese mythology, too. Cheers! Friday, June 16, 2006
The Phoenix, symbol of fame and opportunity...
Pretty cool picture of a Phoenix, huh? Happened to come across this one. You know, in Chinese mythology, the Phoenix represents fame and opportunity. It's one of the four celestial animals and one thing about the Phoenix is that when it stands alone, its energy is very yang. But when it is placed next to a Dragon, it symbolizes the yin energy while the Dragon is yang. So the two together represent the combination of yin and yang, signifying a balance between the two energy forces and also represent marital bliss, a symbol of everlasting love. Cool? Well, I hope you do enjoy reading these stuff because I must say, I'm fascinated with Chinese mythology, too. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow. feng sui again? heheh
Post a Comment