Friday, June 16, 2006

The 8 auspicious symbols of good fortune...




Alright, I'm no Buddhist, but I just want to talk about the 8 auspicious symbols of good fortune. From what I've read, these symbols represent the holy body of Buddha.

Top row (left to right): The Lotus, The Mystical Knot, The Pair Of Golden Fishes, The White Umbrella.

Bottom row (left to right): The Banner Of Victory, The Tresure Vase, The Right-Turning Conch Shell, The Golden Wheel.

It is said that these symbols attract good fortune and can be placed almost anywhere - temples, homes, and even public places. (Good thing I put them on my blog, haha!)

Just a little about each symbol:

1. The Lotus signifies purity, beauty, and harmony.
2. The Mystical Knot signifies happiness, love, and suggesting no beginning and no end.
3. The Pair Of Golden Fishes signifies life, happiness, fertility, and abundance.
4. The White Umbrella signifies protection, honours, and recognition.
5. The Banner Of Victory signifies victory, success, and accomplishments.
6. The Tresure Vase signifies contentment, harmony, peace, and prosperity.
7. The Right-Turning Conch Shell signifies power, authority, and sovereignty.
8. The Golden Wheel signifies creation, protection, and happiness.

Well, I must say it's good to have these symbols in your collection, be it in your home, office, or merely as pictures in your miscellaneous. You never know what these good fortune symbols can do for you. Wishing you the best of luck, then!

No comments: