I've only left one more day till school reopens. It's a Saturday today and my 2 weeks of holidays have passed so quickly I didn't even feel I had enough time for enjoyment. The first week was fully packed with the drama production and the second week was helping out with camps back in my secondary school. I did have one or two days to myself and good thing I've completed what was needed to do. Well, it's back to school this Monday and I dare say it'll be busier for this second term.
I hope you've enjoyed the videos I've posted in my first blog (oliversayson.blogspot.com). I wanted to give readers an interactive way to see what kind of music I like and the artistes I adore. So what better way to do that than to let you view my favourite videos instead of typing out long stories of likes and dislikes. In this second blog, my opening posts were of something more unusual. Not many have this interest, I guess. No worries, it's all there for you to read if you want.
Feng Shui, my friends, is an ancient Chinese practice about the placement of things all around you (I sound like a divination teacher). To me, I consider it an art - the art of placement, you could say. I find it very psychological, in fact. Sometimes people don't realise that what they place around them has an impact on their subconsciousness. And taking care of your subconsciousness is more important than taking care of your consciousness. Because everything you do is ultimately controlled by your subconsciousness. You don't realise it on the surface, of course. What you place around you, whether (I shall use the words) 'good' or 'bad', affects your subconsciousness in big ways.
For example, placing something hostile in front of you, like a sharp item pointing directly at you, will actually make you feel uncomfortable - you might not realise it at first. In the same way, placing something soothing or, I shall use the phrase "in harmony with your whole being", will make you feel more "harmonious with the energies of the universe", thereby creating smooth transitions in everything you do. It's just like walking a smooth, winding path compared to treading on a mountain edge. The objective of Feng Shui is to create a smooth flow of energy, or "chi", from one place to another. And when there is a smooth flow, there will be less obstacles.
I'm sure many people believe that there is some force, some energy flowing through the whole universe. In fact I shouldn't have used the word "believe". There are energies all around you. You learn it in Physics - from the orbiting of the Earth around the sun to oblivious things like "Why can't the sea stay still instead of constantly hitting the shore?" Energy is all around us. And energy can come in different forms. 'Good' energy is like the breeze you feel as you walk in the park, very light and pleasing. 'Bad' energy is like typhoons and hurricanes, destroying things in their path. But don't confuse energy as to the wind only! I'm just using the different forms of wind to convey the message to you. I'm sure by now you get the picture of what 'good' and 'bad' energy is.
Feng Shui is a vast topic. I can't possibly explain all of Feng Shui here on my blog. But I can give you insights and who knows? You might be interested in it yourself! So try not to close the door on anything. You never know when you might have a passion for something but just haven't found out yet. Good luck on your search!
No comments:
Post a Comment