Hey, you know what? You ever see those blogs which have lots of poems and song lyrics on them? Some of the poems and lyrics even written by the author himself/herself? Yeah, that's what I've been comtemplating all this while: Should I or should I not post my poems and song lyrics on my blog? I always had the impression that people would steal them and use them for their own creations. Yeah, I know that could be the case, but I also realised that since I had some difficulty fitting a few of my lyrics into songs, I thought maybe someone out there could do that for me. And I also wanted to show people how I see the world through music and lyrics. I think those are beautiful mediums to portray your thoughts to people around the world. Human beings have a knack for viewing the world through very diverse means, other than the usual direct mediums like spoken words and visual aids such as the radio and television.
I therefore want to post my written works here, especially some song lyrics which I have written while I was feeling sad or in love, for instance. I do hope you enjoy reading them and if possible, give you some sort of vision or inspiration that could alter your perception of the world for the better. La dolce vita!
For my debut song, I shall release the lyrics for a song I actually managed to fit into music, but I dare say it could be better. So if you are reading this and you have some knowledge in music and composing, do tell me if you've managed to come up with your masterpiece...
Our Love Never Dies
Lyrics by: Oliver Sayson
In times of trouble,
in times of pain,
we will hold on,
we will try hard again.
In times of worry,
in times of doubt,
we will not fear,
we will stand tall and shout,
(Chorus)
"Nothing, nothing can pull us apart!
Nothing, nothing can drift us away!
Nothing, nothing can hold us back!
'Cause we know that our love never dies."
In times of hatred,
in times of war,
we'll stop the fighting,
we'll give our loving even more.
In times of dying,
in times of loss,
we will not falter,
we'll go on living just because,
(Chorus)
And there you have it. The release of my first song lyrics. It's a new chapter in blogging for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment