The good thing was, my cousin was going to come along with me, too. And as you know, company is a powerful thing. You get combined courage, something you wouldn't have if you were alone and interviewing for a job, at the very least. So her company was cherished, of course. And mind you, she applied for the job, too. Now we're just hoping that we would get called up.
After our interviews, we decided to head to town. Watched a movie, in fact. John Tucker Must Die, heard of it? In the first place, I didn't even have any interest in the film, to tell you the truth. It was one of those "chick flicks", like what I call them. You wouldn't be surprised that my cousin loved this kind of movies. And so she urged me to watch it and as every gentlemen will sometimes do, I gave in to her. Ladies first, like they always say. In the end, yes, I did enjoy the movie (I payed $7 for it, mind you, and good thing it was just $7!), but I still couldn't understand why girls our age have a liking for typical movies like these.The 2 pictures you see above are of our little outing. The one right at the top is of my cousin and me in the train during the ride to town. I was forced to take this photo, didn't actually want to create a scene in the train. But then after much persuasion and also because there was only one man sitting opposite us, I decided to "let my hair down" and loosen up, like what they say. I'm usually a very 'tight' person when I'm in public. The second photo just above was a candit snapshot, taken by none other than my cousin, of course - and while I was talking on the phone! Just the opportunity to catch me off guard - bravo, my dear cousin!
All in all, today was a day worth remembering - and it should be the same for every other day. But life's downs can sometimes be too painful to have us wanting to remember them. And so I guess we throw them away, just like how we empty our recycle bins in the computer. But what many people don't realise is that our bad memories still remain in the back of our heads, just like how deleted files remain in our hard disk, even though they can't be seen on the surface. We can never totally forget the bad memories, I guess. We just have to let them be, and know that memories, good and bad, depict our life as a whole. Let the memories live on...
No comments:
Post a Comment