There was one night when I was thinking about dying, and how someone has to go through the death of a loved one. A bitter experience, but as I once posted in an earlier post, "Life is full of bittersweet memories". So I decided to write a song about the experience of losing someone you love - in death...
The Best Years Of My Life
Lyrics by: Oliver Sayson
I waited in the dark room,
waiting for somebody to tell me how to live again,
to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I tried so hard to accept,
to see the face of the one I cared for.
But now she's gone,
and I don't have nobody to turn to.
She promised me that she would stay,
to see me through my life.
But then one day she left me,
and I was left to cry.
Why did you leave me on my own?
Why did you say that you would stay,
and make me feel so right?
You never did hurt me.
You always gave me,
the best years of my life.
Someone once said that "death is just the beginning". It's amazing how ironic it would be to see the one you left suffering here on earth while you begin a new life in paradise...
2 comments:
oliver.s u r extremely mean!! today on msn i sae hello den u go offline 4 wat? u r very mean.
btw, wad is cmm?
wad cmm style u toking?!
my goodness, i can't believe i have to reply with my own comment. alright, val, that wasn't my fault. the phone rang and so my connection was cut off. Blimey, you make me sound as though I'm such a bad person. And CMM means Communications and Media Management - it's your sister's course. i was in fact replying to her comment.
Post a Comment