Friday, March 16, 2007

All religious teachings have a common basis...

Hello! If you're wondering why I sound so happy, that's because I've just completed the necessary errands. I always feel good after completing what needs to be done. Funny thing, errands. Imagine if we didn't have any errands to run, wouldn't it be a much peaceful existence here on earth? Or would it be extreme boredom? I guess if you're talking about us living on this planet, then it'll surely be boring without anything to do. But what if we're living in paradise, or another life, an afterlife? Will it still be boring?

Life and all its wonders... It's amazing what we can do here on earth. But sometimes I wonder what it'll be like after we pass away. Where will we go to? Where do we end up? Will we still exist in some form? Or will we just fade into oblivion? Will our souls be taken up to what the Christians call heaven? Or will we still be trapped in what the Buddhists call Samsara, and be reincarnated into another life? If you put together the Christian teachings and Buddhist philosophies, on first look they may appear pretty different and diverse. But then again if you think about it, if you manage to get out of Samsara and achieve nirvana, which means enlightenment, isn't that the same as going to heaven, like what the Christians believe? Hmm...

All religions teach us to do good in this life, there is no doubt about it. Although each religion has its own similarities and differences with one another, it is only a matter of choice in what you believe in. In other words, there is no right or wrong choice. I'm sure we have all seen and heard of various religions which have vast differences from what we believe in. However it is interesting to note the basis of how each religion came about. Christianity came from Jesus Christ, Islam came from the Prophet Mohammed, Buddhism came from the Buddha, Hinduism came from the Vedas, Judaism came from the Torah, and the list goes on and on...

I for one believe that these people who founded each of the world's religions were sent by a higher being, or a higher force. Call it God, call it divine intervention, call it spirit, call it the soul of the world, call it universal force - whatever you call it, I personally believe that someone or something greater than us does exist. What is important is that we keep to our faith. Do what is right. Love unconditionally. That way we will all benefit from what we give out. And what we give out, returns to us threefold...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.loveinactioninc.com/ - buy levitra
Patients who have used this tablet confessed to having a better erection and therefore an improved sex life.
[url=http://www.loveinactioninc.com/]buy levitra online[/url]
S.
cheap levitra
Since the product was marketed, Levitra has gained awareness from the public.