Hello, hello. It's a Tuesday afternoon, the last week of school. Can't wait for it to be over. This Sunday's Chinese New Year, too. But before that, I still have this very clingy java project to finish. The thing is, I'm already at the verge of giving up. Just this morning my lecturer came into the class and asked me:
"So how? You got it?"
"Huh? Got what?"
"You managed to come up with the method?" (Method's a term used in java.)
"Oh. Er well. What a good question."
She started laughing as she was telling me something but I cut in.
"Ma'am, I have my limitations lah."
"What limitations? If you think you have limitations, then you will have limitations..."
I can confess it out loud. I have no potential, no talent, no calibre in java programming. My project, although it seems complete on first look, is only half done. I'm still figuring out how to construct this sickening method so that my pictures will be able to interchange randomly. It's a Jackpot system, by the way. You know those lottery machines in casinos? Yeah, I'm doing a java version of it. It's supposedly the easiest of the lot but it doesn't seem to be that easy to me. And that's why I said I'm already at the verge of giving up. Just submit what I have, you know.
Well, that's one story. Enough about school. The lunar new year begins this Sunday. Let me see, is there anything new happening? I guess I've already said the important facts. Dragons enjoy a better year ahead in the piggy year, thank God. The sickness star is affecting everyone this year, so have more metal on you wherever you go. In other words, you've got the perfect reason to wear more jewellery this year. And oh yes, just a little more tips to make your year run as smoothly as possible.
The good stars this year are in the East, South-East, South, South-West, and West.
- The East holds the number 9 star. Excellent for completion luck. Got that stupid, ol' project from last year that needs to be finished? Spend more time in this area. You can place that lava lamp of yours here, too.
- The South-East holds the number 1 star. Good carreer opportunities including new beginnings and transformations, etc. If you have your study in this sector it would be great. Place anything metal that symbolizes great achievement if you're not comfortable using chinese symbolism.
- The South holds the number 6 star. Luck from heaven, unexpected money and windfall luck. Want to win the lottery? Activate this area and lock yourself up here, for heaven's sake! (Don't take that last part too seriously...) You can have crystals in this sector and hang 6 metal coins here, too.
- The South-West holds the most lucky star: Number 8. Great, good fortune overall. This star benefits the matriach this year. And relationships are generally going to be smooth, too. If you have your room in this sector, count yourself damn fortunate. Activate this sector with fire and earth energy - candles, crystals, and precious gems will do fine.
- The West holds the romance star number 4. Activate this sector if you want to meet your soul mate. (I know you're dying to know how!) Alright, place a nice plant in this sector if you can. Never place water if you don't want your partner to stray. If you want to go a little deeper into feng shui, you can place your peach blossom luck animal in this sector.
> For dragons, monkeys, and rats, place a golden rooster in the West sector.
> For snakes, oxen, and roosters, place a red horse in the South sector.
> For tigers, horses, and dogs, place a green rabbit in the East sector.
> For rabbits, sheep, and boars, place a blue rat in the North sector.
And now for the bad stars of the year. They are located in the North-East, North, North-West, and the centre.
- The North-East holds the worst star of the chart: Number 5. Extreme misfortune. Period. Place a 5-element pagoda or hang a hollow 6-rod metal windchime in this sector. Try not to have bright lights or crystals in this sector for the year, especially if you don't have the cures.
- The North holds the number 7 star. Burglary and theft galore. Place a pair of blue rhinoceros in this sector, especially if you have your main door here. Have a small fountain with a blue light here if possible.
- The North-West holds the quarrelsome number 3 star. This year, don't be surprised to see your dad becoming more hot-tempered than usual. You can hang a hollow 6-rod metal windchime here, too.
- The centre holds the illness star number 2. It's the one I've talked about before and place lots of metal in this sector if you can. Anything metal depicting good health would be a bonus. Hang that hollow 6-rod metal windchime here, too. And... wear lots of jewellery!
Do take note, however, that this is just a brief overview of the lucky and unlucky sectors of the year. There is a whole lot more information concerning everything from enhancers and cures to stars and their effects on the astrological animals. Want to know more? Go take up feng shui as a hobby. I'm not propagating anything, by the way. Feng shui to me is a very fun pastime to have. What harm can it do if what you've just read above are some of the skills I've picked up thus far?
No comments:
Post a Comment