Thursday, February 22, 2007

Don't stop living, my friend, there is no time to spare...

Hi all. Well, a hell of a half-week it has been. Yesterday was cool, though, however packed it was. Met my friend for lunch in town and all of a sudden, my dear ol' cousin invited the both of us to come to her place for some reason. So we took a cab down and spent the afternoon... gambling. Well not that sort of serious gambling but the just-for-the-fun-of-it kind. And that's not the reason she invited us, though. There were actually two reasons to me. The superficial one was because her father's friends were there, too, and since she was going to invite a close friend of hers, she thought it would be more appropriate that my friend and I came, too - so all the attention wouldn't be on her close friend, get what I mean? The more substantial reason was because her sister, (which is also my cousin), is going back to Australia the day after - which is today, in fact. How fitting, I thought. It's a good thing I managed to see her before she flies off tonight. So anyway, the rest of the afternoon was filled with guests arriving at their house. Mostly my cousin's friends, of course (the one who is flying off). Not forgetting the gambling which continued until half past midnight - when I had to come home. I believe we all had a great time. It's not everyday you get to play cards and mahjong before my exam tomorrow. Oops! Did I say something wrong?

Ah alright, my Maths paper commences tomorrow afternoon. Risky, shocking, foolish - call me anything you want. Don't worry too much, though. What's done is done. And what's being done tomorrow, will be done in the end - full stop. Life goes on, my friend. No point worrying about the past; time is not on our side...

No comments: