Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The second countdown to the new year...

Wow! Just finished a presentation in class. We ended early so I decided to take advantage of the hour. I've still got a Maths tutorial and lecture coming up - argh! Well, the workload is still darn heavy; I guess that's because I haven't done much about it. But I did start on some, mind you.

Okay, you know what? I can't wait for Chinese New Year. Haha, yes, I know I've been complaning last year about how I want the year to end as fast as possible, and this time it's Chinese New Year. I can't wait for the old lunar new year to end and the new one to begin. And yes, it's because the signs have told me so. I have a strong gut feeling that things will start to change when February 4th comes. And it's going to be a drastic change, mark my words. Of course it'll also take some time for the energies to "warm up" before they can reach their climax, get what I mean? Oh please, don't think I sound weird. Just take it as it is. Things are going to change - they always do, anyway. As I've said in a previous post, I'm already starting to feel the effects of the new year.

So then, it's 18 days to February 4th. Oh by the way, this isn't the date for Chinese New Year this year. February 4th, for the Chinese, is usually the date for the day of the Lap Chun (the day of Spring) based on the solar calender. The actual Chinese New Year we celebrate is the day when the first new moon of the year appears, based on the lunar calender. And 15 days thereafter, "Chap Goh Meh", is when the first full moon of the year appears. Now the countdown begins...

No comments: