Well it's a Monday and it's the study week before the exams this Friday. No lessons, of course. Just stay home and study, that's the motto. I don't know whether it'll work for most people but it's certainly difficult staying home to study for me.
The afternoon's pretty drowsy as usual. I don't usually like to revise during this time of day, that's why I break my studies into chunks - small chunks, in fact. You ever heard that the human brain can absorb information better in small chunks rather than big ones? Like "mugging" for hours? That's called studying hard, but not studying smart. So I decided to try this method out and well, so far I can say it's working good. (But you'll see the truth when my results come back, haha!)
Anyway, you ever heard of the phrase, "writer's block"? It speaks for itself, eh? Most writers get that feeling sometimes when they can't seem to get any inspiration on what to write. I do get that feeling occasionally. In fact just before I decided to write this post, I felt a little unsure of what I should write about today. Did you know that there's a cure for "writer's block"? I recently read Steve Chandler's 100 Ways To Motivate Yourself and in one of the ways, Steve wrote about "writer's block" and said that the only way to overcome this 'sickness' was to go ahead and just write. Write something, for heaven's sake. He stated that as you get the hang of writing, be it nonsense or whatsoever, inspiration will slowly start to build. And in no time, you'll be writing just what you ought to write about in the first place.
And that's just what I did. Look at how much I've written so far. 3 paragraphs! Not bad, for a first. Well, I sure hope this post will help all you writers out there overcome your lack of inspiration. Hey, it reminds me of Chicago's "You're The Inspiration":
... You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration...
1 comment:
hmmmm really, i didnt know...i shall try it sometime...=)
Post a Comment