

These two pictures are of quotes from The Bible: "Faith, hope, and love. And the greatest is love" (1 Cor 13:13) & "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). They can be found at the central staircase of Alban block.
These are how the classrooms in St. Patrick's School look like. Single seats arranged in rows of 6 to 7, with the white board in front. The main difference that distinguishes us from non-mission schools is the crucifix above the board in every classroom.

Finally, this is the one place all Christian schools should have: The chapel. The St. Patrick's School chapel is one of the oldest in Singapore, having gone through the Japanese occupation and still standing strong today. Mass is usually conducted here during certain days of the year. And the stained-glass of St. Patrick above the altar is the school's prized possession...
I certainly hope you've enjoyed this tour of St. Patrick's School. After acquiring all these photos, I now realise the importance of having pictures of your past. Memories, both good and bad, are to be cherished because they represent your life as a whole. I recently listened to a CD on life lessons and in one of the stories, the speaker said, "Life is full of bittersweet memories. I say 'bittersweet' because one can never experience pleasure without pain, and happiness without sadness. If it weren't for those feelings, life would be meaningless."
Here's a toast to life...


1 comment:
once a st pat's guy, always a st pat's guy. =) is that a good thing? erm. depends.....
Post a Comment