Saturday, August 19, 2006

Love: A Continuation.

Just last night I learned a very valuable lesson. In fact it's something which has been there all along. I just never got the chance to acknowledge it.

The past few days have taught me something about love yet again. I'll sum up my experiences with a quote:

"To love, is to make someone happy. Even if it means giving up the person you love because he/she will be happier with someone else."

I know they're very strong words. Painful to hear sometimes. But I believe that's the truth. As I've said earlier in the preceding post on love, love itself is an extreme thing. But one thing I have to make clear is that you cannot stop loving. Even when you've experienced a failed love affair which is so painful to let go.

Someone once said that "The greatest joy in life is to love and be loved". What else could be better in this lifetime than to freely love someone and be loved freely in return? Love makes the world go round - it is a fact. So for those of you who have loved and lost, don't stop loving. "Be happy that it happened. Don't be sad because it's over", I'm sure you've heard this saying. And for those of you who are still looking for the one you love, keep searching until you find your true love. The person you are looking for is just out there, waiting to be found...

Don't just learn to love. Learn to love love.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

heyy oliver the last line of last post is so funni. haha. ty for tagging me:) i hav recipe for spaghetti, want it?

Anonymous said...

i dont think he needs the recipe hon. =)

Anonymous said...

oh man. Now that i understand what u meant, and read the post again, it's so much more meaningful....argh