Friday, August 25, 2006

St. Patrick's School: Part 1.

Aww, this is great, this is just great. I just visited another friend of mine's blog and he had pictures of our alma mater, St. Patrick's School! Excellent, now I can at least show you pictures of my secondary school and reminisce in the good ol' days I've spent there studying and growing up...

This here is the entrance road to St. Patrick's School. The porch is up front and that's where students usually wait for their parents to pick them up. For me, you'd see me walking out to the main road, and waiting for the bus at the bus stop opposite the school, haha!

And there you have it, the St. Patrick's School badge and the year the school was founded, 1933. If I still remember correctly, St. Patrick's is the oldest running school that has never shifted - and I dare say it will always remain where it is.

As you step in from the porch, you'll get to see a statue of St. John Baptist De La Salle, the founder of St. Patrick's School. He is usually represented with children because he is the patron saint of teachers and also the patron saint of the De la Salle Brothers, with whom I'm quite close to. The De La Salle Brothers have been in Singapore since its early days and have set up several other schools to cater for the educational needs of the country.

Hahah! The infamous courtyard to most of the boys from St. Pat's. This is where we gather for assembly early every morning. It used to be twice as big, but now a new block has been built (behind the photographer) and of course it has been reduced to half its original size. Nevertheless, it still is the very courtyard students gather in today.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

hello oliver.
my bdae is coming!!
yay!
hahahaha