Friday, November 24, 2006

Ron Kaufman!

I was very lucky to have checked my school's e-mail account yesterday. There was this e-mail saying that Ron Kaufman, world renowned service guru, was coming to my school today to give a talk on one of his courses. And here I am now, typing this post after listening to his talk just minutes ago.

Let me tell you something: I knew this man was funny but never have I thought that he was bloody hilarious! He not only interacts well with the audience, walking up and down the steps as he talked and giving us lots of interactivity, Ron proved to us that service is just as important as knowing the technical aspects of your job. I couldn't agree more. After hearing what he has to say, I now realised that service is like the icing on the cake in any industry you work in. Furthermore, Singapore today not only focuses on the service industry, but almost every business you see out there is considered service based. Ron also showed us that fields like Engineering are becoming more and more service-oriented. And if you develop what he calls, "The Service DNA", any employer would want to hire a person who has this edge over others.

He was here to promote a very special 2-day course exclusively for Temasek Polytechnic students. And the best thing was, we only had to pay $20.50 for it. That's not all! We get Ron's "Life Me Up" book for free, too. I signed up for the course, of course. At the end of it, we'll get a certificate which states that we've gone through the course and it can be presented with your other qualifications when you go for a job interview next time. $20.50 for a service course by Ron Kaufman, certificate and all - who wouldn't want to go for it? Well, good thing I changed my mind. I wasn't keen on joining at first...

So lift me up, Ron!

No comments: