Phew! This past week's been a busy one. I'm glad it's a Saturday today and I'll entitle myself to a good rest. Last Monday and Tuesday were long days as usual - because of my timetable, of course. But then Wednesday was All Saints' Day and so I had to go for mass in the evening. That made my Wednesday long as well. Thursdays in actual fact are long days with a huge break in the afternoon. But last Thursday my 5-hour long break was filled up with a National Education (NE) forum. I'm not really complaining because at least it wasn't some kind of lesson or anything. And Fridays are always long for me - with a huge break in the afternoon as well. They were the longest of all the weekdays because my drama CCA finished by 9p.m.. But if you come to think of it, my workweek's not that bad, really. There are huge breaks on long days and I even have a subject called Arts Appreciation - if you enjoy that, of course.
Enough about school. Now it's on to the outlook of this new month: November. I have a feeling it's going to be a busy month as well. I also have a hunch that my weekends will all be filled up - starting from next weekend, I think. So get ready for that, Oliver. But I do presume that this month will be quite fruitful. Lots of experience to be gained. No matter, it'll all be fine. The year itself is going to end in another month. Sooner or later it's goodbye 2006 and hello 2007. Imagine how fast time flies. But to tell you the truth, I can't wait for 2007. This year for me was a very introspective year. Full of delving into the mysteries of life and of self-improvement. Mind you, this year was the year where I've read the most number of books - in all my life so far. It was in fact a very unfulfilling year, if I may say. It's as if I was always hungering for something, searching for something deeper and more meaningful than the outer appeareances of life. I always knew in my heart that something deep down existed, and I just wanted to experience it. I guess I was on my search for the 3 things I need in this life: Eternal true happiness, perpetual inner peace, and everlasting true love. Hard to find? I doubt so...
But even though I said that 2006 was a very hollow year for me, it doesn't mean it was unnecessary. I'm starting to believe that all the years we go through are necessary for us. They always teach us something - it could be anything, really. And 2006 for me taught me many things, in fact. I learned how to search deep into my resources, for one thing. And I've gained a few skills on my own, too. The possibilities are limitless, as they say. Although I still doubt that sometimes, I know in my heart that there is always a way...
No comments:
Post a Comment