Sunday, April 01, 2007

R&R

Ahh it's been a long time. Well the retreat was fine; had the opportunity to visit my primary school to help teach Religious Education. On Friday I saw Mr. Bean's Holiday with a Brother and a friend. The thing is, it isn't as good as the previous one, Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie, which was - blimey - 10 years back in 1997. I found that the flow of the movie was somewhat ridiculous. I mean, there was a storyline, but the series of events that happened were unbelieveable. Travelling so many miles away just to chase for a bus ticket? And then getting stuck in the middle of nowhere for so long? I must admit I was a little bored at certain parts of the movie. But of course there were some bloody hilarious parts as well. The scene where he lip-synced an aria acting as a soprano in an opera was brilliant! And the "begging for money" scene at the train station where he mumbled in 'French' and started pretending to cry was absolutely funny. The ending was acceptable too, where everyone sang the original "La Mer" which was the 1950 oldie "Beyond The Sea". All in all, I think it's still worth watching, especially if you're a huge fan of Mr. Bean.

Yesterday was Acies (pronounced Ah-chase) for the Legion Of Mary. It was held at the newly renovated, designer-church, St. Mary Of The Angels. Pretty nice, actually. After that a group of us went to a friend's house just to chill out. I was literally at another end of Singapore yesteday. Took me almost 2 hours to travel to that end of the country. But it was worth it, I guess. Had a nice time yesterday. Today's a nice, cool Sunday and I shall have a R&R day today ("Rest & Relaxation"). But I've still got to head for mass this evening. Until then, enjoy the rest of your weekend...

No comments: