It's a hot, hot Saturday today. Holy Saturday, in fact. Yesterday was Good Friday. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow - Easter Sunday, how lucky they are. Anyway, I hope it'll be a good one not only for the two love birds but also for me. Hahaha, I don't mean I want to get married tomorrow, though!
The holidays are coming to an end. Just a little over 2 weeks more and then it's back to the two 'P' words: "Poly" & "Projects". Boy, they're stressful. But you know what? I've been considering whether I should serve my National Service first and then study something which I like after I complete it. I really have no interest in this particular course I'm in now. Don't even plan to work in this industry next time. So why waste another 2 years studying it, get what I mean? Even my parents' money will be wasted. Might as well just cease it and do something which I have a passion for. I tried changing courses, mind you, but to no avail. I even tried applying in a private institute but the government wants me to complete my NS first before I can study private. Stuck in a rut, huh? If only they could commence the course before I turned 18. That way the government would still allow me to get a diploma from a private institute before I serve my NS. Now the only options left are to try changing to Ministry of Education (MOE) approved institutes or go carry the damn rifle. The only MOE approved institutes left are the Institute of Technical Education (ITE), which is a big no-no for me, and the art schools like Lasalle-SIA and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA). I would love to study in a school of the arts but just because I had a grade '7' for one of my subjects in the 'O' Levels, I don't meet the minimum requirements for enrolment. But someone told me you could always try appealing, get what I mean? I might try that after all.
So you see what kind of situation I'm stuck in right now? I wish I was living in the mountains, for heaven's sake...
No comments:
Post a Comment