Thursday, April 26, 2007

My second job for the (extended) holidays...

And so the story goes... It's been a week since I made the gruelling but righteous decision. I'm quite sure I've made the right one. Now that that's over, I've got some other good news to tell you...

I've just found a temporary job today. And it's a job which is going to be quite recognised in the coming days. The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) has just released a new policy about bringing liquids, gels, and aerosols onboard aircrafts. The new rule has got to do with re-packing all liquids, gels, and aerosols into transparent re-sealable plastic bags if they are to be taken onboard airplanes. This policy has also emerged in other countries due to the incident last year when British police foiled a plan to blow up several transatlantic flights using liquid explosives. Our job is to advertise the new rule to passengers and tourists alike.

Well, the policy takes effect on the 8th of May, so only then will I start working. In the meantime, I've got training and orientations to attend, one taking place early tomorrow morning at the airport. Funny how I always wanted to work in the airport and now an airport job has landed on my lap. Coincidence? Nah...

No comments: