And so here I am in school, typing this entry on a Friday afternoon, just before the term tests next week. Man, what a week. It was great in a way, really. Oh yes, I didn't tell you about my recent leap of faith? Alright, it wasn't as though it was some great feat but guess what? I joined a church choir! ("Big deal...") It may not be anything exciting to you but personally, especially in recent times, I've always had this thought bugging me, "Hey Oliver, go join a choir..." And so I thought about it and wondered which choir should I join? My school's or my church? But then I decided that church would be best because I already have a drama CCA in school and I've always pictured myself singing in church.
A calling? Perhaps it was more out of guilt, I should say. You see, I don't mean to boast or anything, but I do know that I can at least sing. And since God has given me this gift, I felt bad that I didn't do anything about it - besides singing as a hobby. I felt I should do something more, to give back something to him. And so I think I've made the right choice, joining a choir at last.
I doubt I said this before but just a couple of months back, one of my younger cousins told me something like, "Oliver, why aren't you making use of your talents? You better make good use of what God has given you if not He'll think you don't like your gifts and He might just take them back." At that second I thought, "My God... what powerful words..." I was pretty sure her parents were the ones who told her that but that's not the point. The lesson I've learnt is that everyone, not just me but everyone, must make good use of the gifts they have - and believe me, everyone has a gift, alright, they just have to find it. Even if you don't believe in God, I'm sure you do know that you are good at something - it can be anything at all. I believe God gave each one of us gifts and the important thing is to use them for the good of the world. Make good use of them! If you don't, you wouldn't feel you were special because you know what? Each and every one of us is special. You want to feel special? Use those powers, my friend. Use them, and use them well...
I believe you can find that something you were born to do. And I can say that once you've found it, you would know straight away that this is what you were meant to do in this world. There's a rainbow of opportunities out there, people. A treasure chest to own. A myriad of experiences to experience. And then you would taste the sweetness of life. Oh, la dolce vita!
No comments:
Post a Comment