Toos-dee, huh? "We're toos-dee people", that was how Morrie pronounced "Tuesday" in the movie, Tuesdays With Morrie. I had a Chemistry teacher - in fact just last year - who pronounced "Wednesday" as "weinsday". How interesting the way people pronounce words...
So yes, it is a toos-dee. I had my Maths paper yesterday and it was... well, not bad, I guess. Today, toos-dee, is my rest day. But it's more like a studying day because I have papers tomorrow and the day after. Well, it'll soon be over, this term tests week.
Okay, so enough about school life. Updates! Updates on my personal life! My social life! My lurrve life! Yeah, right, you think I'll say anything about that one? Anyway, nothing much is going on. ("Then why the hell did you type, Oliver?") I type because I want to type just for the fun of it - just for today, at least.
You know what? I really can't wait for this year to end. Not because it's totally bad or anything, but I don't know whether you'd believe me if I said that I'm presently in a transition period. I've fallen into a crack, so to speak. (And I can guarantee that I'm right, too. Don't ask me how.) I believe everyone will go through this particular period in their lives - it may not happen just once, I dare say. It's as if you're caught between an old cycle and a new cycle. You can't go on to the new one just yet; you'll have to wait in a "waiting room", before it is your turn to begin anew. That's exactly how I feel this year. In the meantime, what you can do in this "waiting room" is to enjoy the scenery, reflect on your life so far, turn to the spiritual side of life, the idealistic, the metaphysical side of life.
And that's why I've said that this year is not all that bad, because I've learnt many new things - insights and ideas. I've gained a whole lot more wisdom. It wouldn't be possible if I didn't experience this particular year, 2006. For that, I am grateful. As I've said in one of my last posts, every year that we experience is necessary for us. We might think a certain year is of no use, because we could do without it or even because it brought us huge pain and sorrow, but I believe that if you take a deeper look, you'll realise that there was something to learn from it. It was necessary...
After having said all these, you should know why I'm eagerly waiting for the new year to begin. I can't wait to start my new cycle. I can't wait to begin anew. I can't wait to see what's in store for me when the new year begins.
You might not believe what I've just said - it's perfectly fine. You should believe in what you want to believe. But what's important is that you have something to believe in. And then you'll have hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment