Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm a slice of the Christmas pie this year - don't eat me!

Hellooo Christmas! It's only 4 days more but I want to welcome it early. Boy, this must be the busiest Christmas I've ever experienced so far. That's why I feel as if there is no preparation for it - just Christmas, voila! In the last few years I've always remembered counting down the days to Christmas but this year, I don't seem to have the time for that. Rehearsals and performances galore! Planning and organising as though I'm still in school! What a great way to kick off the celebrations...

But there's one thing for sure: I get to be a part of Christmas this time. A real slice of the action for me. It's what I call proactively creating Christmas, not just passively receiving it - like what I did in the years before. Involvement's the word here. And it's a pretty interesting experience. Starting from tomorrow, a performance in church. The next day, a performance in school (my secondary school, to be exact). And on Sunday, a performance for the Christmas midnight mass. Am I involved or what?

Well I'm glad that Christmas is here again. It's only once a year and that's why it's so special. Hey, reminds me of that Disney song: "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

No comments: