So that was Christmas. Wow. Look at the time: 12:54a.m. on a Tuesday morning, the 26th of December, Boxing Day. See how shocking a day lasts? A blink, a snap, and it's gone...
Maybe you're wondering why I'm online at this time, since I don't usually use the computer at this hour. I just came back from a visiting of my grandmother's place, like what we do every Christmas. And then I found out that my handphone charger is faulty. Where else can I charge my phone than to use the computer via a USB cable? And that's how I ended up being online typing this now.
As I was saying, Christmas has just zoomed past almost an hour ago. It's gone - gone for this year. We'll have to wait till next year for Christmas to come again. And that's how our days will pass, too. Each day of our life has the same 24 hours just like every other day. What we do during that 24 hours makes all the difference between a meaningless day and a fulfilling one. One by one the days vanish into history, and on those days which seem to be meaningless to us, we submit a blank page into the great, big book of history. On the other hand, on those days which seem to be filled with happiness, love, and satisfaction, we paint a glorious picture on canvas to be displayed in the galleries of the historical museum. Just imagine. 24 hours to submit a blank page or paint a masterpiece. Time is not on our side, my friends...
Life continues. It goes on as usual. It's Boxing Day today. Have you opened your presents? I'd already opened mine before the clock struck 12 - just like every Christmas. Nothing can complement the joy of giving better than the joy of receiving. It works both ways. Just like love. You know what they say, "Love is a two way street." Everything in the world works both ways. Each has its opposites. Good and bad. Male and female. Yin and Yang. One cannot exist without the other. They complement each other, no matter how good or bad it may seem. An endless cycle. The wheel of fortune, of life. No beginning and no end. The Buddhists believe in reincarnation. Their goal is to achieve nirvana, enlightenment. And the way to achieve that is to break away from this cycle of life. Only then do they enter into eternal bliss. Of course it's not as easy as it sounds; that's where karma comes in. "What goes around, comes around", how true. The boomerang effect. Do good, and good comes back to you. The same goes for doing bad. Karma is the cycle of life. The reincarnation of life. What you do in this life will determine where you end up in the next life. You might end up in a better position than before, or a worse one. Don't think you can take advantage of the actions you do in this life, as you'll be dead by then and you won't feel a thing when your next life begins. What we suffer now are our shortcomings from our previous lives. Our burdens in this life are caused by our shortcomings which have been carried over from our previous lives. We all have a destiny to fulfill. To mend as much damage as possible, and to do as much good as we can to be that much closer to eternal bliss. Where all suffering vanishes, and all peace remains...
Interesting concept to believe in, huh? I'm always fascinated by the different perspectives on life and death of the various religions and even non-religious people. It's good that we're still searching for something. Something greater to believe in. And I believe we can only see the other side when it is our turn to see it. Until then, live the good life...
No comments:
Post a Comment