Sunday, August 31, 2008

My alma mater's 75th anniversary...

Okay, so it's the end of one week and the beginning of another. Good thing I'm off tomorrow - again, I must say that I deserve it, because I really do. 5 guard duties in the month of August earned me this off day. Pathetic reward, I know, but what the heck...

Just yesterday I attended my alma mater's 75th anniversary dinner. Had a splendid time meeting up with old friends and reminiscing about the good ol' days. Being in the army now, I really miss my secondary school days. Those were probably one of the best times of my life. The freedom, the innocence (so to speak), the laughter - boy, I really cherish those memories...

That feeling of nostalgia everytime I visit the school after so many months strengthens my affinity with it. Almost all students, past and present, will inevitably share a close bond with their alma mater - especially after they graduate from it. The ties we have are strong. The whole family is united. The school's spirit hardly wavers.

I take this opportunity to wish my beloved alma mater a happy 75th anniversary. My hopes are that it'll continue to educate and nurture the young men into gracious adults, with a heart full of integrity and a strong sense of belonging to the school...

No comments: