Friday, August 01, 2008

Guard duty nuisance...

Well what can I say? It's the 1st of August and I'm still waiting for some miracle to happen. Things are still up in the air and what's worse, I have to do guard duty tomorrow - on a Saturday.

I guess everyone has to do it some time or another. But there's just something with this camp and guard duty. Imagine, the average number of times a person has to do guard duty in a month is 5. I bet other camps can't beat that.

On a much lighter note, we had a half-day again. But this time we had to pay for it, so to speak. You see, last Friday was a half-day off, which means it was given to us. Today was a half-day leave, which means they had to deduct it from the number of permitted leaves per year. Still, I think it was worth the taking because I'd rather get back early to prepare for tomorrow.

So then, it looks like my Saturday will be burnt. And blimey, it's not just a day-time guard duty. We'll have to do it all through the night into Sunday morning! Sheesh, the thought of that can really bring my spirits down...

No comments: