Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"October Sun"

October Sun

Lyrics by: Oliver Sayson

One day I walked along.
One day in the October sun.
The leaves were brown and they kept falling down.
The chill air all around.

I sat down in the park,
and thought to myself,
how the seasons changed again.
And everytime I saw you,
I knew life wasn't so bad.

(Chorus)
In the October sun,
I could dance all around.
The trees sway in the wind,
and the rustle of the leaves within.

In the October sun,
life was full of fun.
The sight of you makes me glad.
And I knew that life wasn't so bad.

I walked into town,
and all the buskers said, "Hello!"
I saw their smiles on their faces,
always putting up a good show.

Even in the bar,
Jimmy knew how I was feeling.
He said, "Man, you need her..."
But in my heart I knew something:
That your love for me is real!

(Chorus)

How do you find it? I wanted to start the new month with a song dedicated to it. The title just came to me out of the blue. Somehow I just felt like writing a song about October - I guess it's because October's a nice word for a song and it's also Autumn, a season I find very alluring. The colour of autumn in the trees is so unique; you only get to see leaves turn reddish brown in colour once a year. I find Autumn to be a very fresh, very demure season - very sexy in its own way. Not to mention I was born in Autumn, too.

So the title "October Sun" felt fitting to me. Although there is not much sun in Autumn (only grey skies), I still felt "sun" went well with "October". And yes, if you've also realised, inspiration came to me from The Mamas & The Papas's "California Dreaming", Tony Bennett's "The Shadow Of Your Smile", and a little bit of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" at the end. Well, I hope "October Sun" makes your month worthwhile...

No comments: