Bet you youngsters have never heard of this guy before. And to those youths who have heard of him or even read his books, I respect you a lot. Deepak Chopra, everybody. One of the most popular motivational speakers whose specialty is in spiritual healing. Not that he can just touch you and cure you of your Flu but this guy merges spirituality with Science.Deepak Chopra is a doctor and the unique thing about him is that he believes strongly in the spiritual side of things instead of just following the scientific perspective like what most doctors do. You can see from his books that he always tries to prove spiritual beliefs with Science - something which people usually perceive as impossible. But somehow, this guy seems to know what he's talking about...
For those who don't believe in faith or religion - Atheists, if I'm not wrong - I urge you to read his books if you want to 'see' spirituality from a scientific point of view. Some people are what we call, "men of science", and the only way for them to be spiritual is for someone to prove to them that spirituality and Science are one. Deepak Chopra's books are somewhat hard to understand at first, but as you read on I'm sure you'll get the gist of what he's saying.
I've personally read 2 books of his - plus one which I actually gave up reading. I've completed "Soulmate" and "Teens Ask Deepak: All The Right Questions" but after reading the first few chapters in "The Book Of Secrets", I realised it was too dry and complicated for me to fully understand, and so reluctantly I gave up on it. Nevertheless, I still found out what I always wondered about Deepak Chopra, "This guy sounds interesting. I wonder how does he teach motivation." In fact, when I first chanced upon him in the newspapers, somehow just reading his name struck some interest in me. Now you know the power of a name...
Well, to sum up this post on Deepak Chopra, I must admit I'm a strong believer in alternative healing. Even in medicine, I dislike the western way of treating a person with drugs and chemicals. I always believed in the natural way, like herbs and tonic drinks. That's why Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of my favourite ways to heal...
No comments:
Post a Comment