Sunday, October 22, 2006

The holidays come to a close...

And so the holidays end today. A Sunday in late October. I start school tomorrow and it's back to the grindstone again. On Thursday I printed out my timetable from the school's portal and since everyone's timetable is not exactly similar - because of different Cross-disciplinary Subjects (CDS), for one thing - mine's kind of lousy exactly because of my CDS! If you look at my schedule for Thursdays, the common lessons with my class end at 1p.m.. But because of my CDS lecture at 6p.m., I end my day at 7p.m.!

Well, it's a case of pros and cons again. Every timetable has something good as well as something bad in it. Remember that Nike commercial a few years back? "Always look on the bright side of life..."? Yeah, I guess that's what we must do. And mind you, I also counted down the number of weeks to the Christmas holidays (which is only a week long) and the end of our first-year studies. We've got 8 weeks of school before we sing, "Have yourself a merry little Christmas", and another 7 weeks before we say goodbye to a full school year. And of course not forgetting the term tests and semestral exams that are included in the package. Pros and cons, remember?

So we welcome in the new semester from tomorrow onwards. The last semester felt long at times but also short at our happy moments. Well, there are 2 sides to every story, and always remember to look on the bright side of life...

No comments: