Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Arrr! Pirates Of The Caribbean is back! This time with its sequel, Dead Man's Chest. You know, I didn't know they were going to make Pirates into a trilogy until I saw the ending of this one. It wasn't complete, of course. Just like what we saw in The Lord Of The Rings and The Matrix. A 3-part series! Excellent!

Dead Man's Chest, in my opinion, was about the same as The Curse Of The Black Pearl - maybe slightly better, you could say. I'm not referring to the incomplete ending but in terms of storylines and maybe a little filming, it was only a notch higher than the first installment. I must admit, I'm no professional critic, but that's what I thought of the film.

The actors, as usual, were pretty fine. Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom played their roles just like in the first movie. Johnny Depp was still the fun-loving, comedic Captain Jack Sparrow. I must say the producers showed more of Sparrow's personality this time. Johnny made him so much funnier. It's kind of sad when at the end, Sparrow was (okay, spoilers ahead!) eaten up by that damn Kraken. But obviously enough, I'm pretty sure he would come back in the third installment - and would have killed that giant squid, too.

Davey Jones and his crew gave me goosebumps all over but they played cool villains for a pirate show, really. What amazed me most was Captain Barbossa alive and kickin' at the end. I do admire his character from the first film and I must say, it's going to be cool seeing him lead Sparrow's crew to bring back Captain Jack Sparrow himself. Although I don't know what in the world they would do to actually bring him back.

Summing it up, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is one movie you have to go see. It'll be better to watch the first installment if you haven't done so. By the way, it's not everyday Walt Disney makes pirate movies - and I mean real pirate movies. Not some Captain Hook story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ADORE JOHNNY DEPP!!!!! WHOOO!!!! *swoons*