Xin chao! That's hello in Vietnamese. Kind of nice to be back home again. The holiday was fine. Great that I could go overseas after 3 long years of staying in the country. A breath of fresh air, really.
Vietnam had its highs and lows. But more highs, of course. They're famous for their coffee which, if I remember correctly, is second to South America's. We travelled up to a hilly town called Da Lat which was much cooler in temperature. And probably that was what we were looking forward to: Cooler climates! But if you ask me, Vietnam is not a good place when it comes to shopping. I mean big time shopping. Everywhere you go, the shops all sell the same old things: Herbs, fruits, vegetables, and hand-knitten clothes. Every shop has them! And they're all situated side by side! How competitive can that be?
But I had a good time overall. The service standard there is real good, believe me - especially when it comes to the restaurant staff. It's not an exaggerated kind of service, but a kind that comes from the heart. Something which you can see in their demeanour, and something which Singapore still needs to learn.
And yes of course I have the photos. But because uploading them here is such a nuisance, I've uploaded them in my Facebook profile. I'm sorry if you don't have an account there, but if you do, search for me and take a look. I'm probably the only Oliver Sayson in Singapore, haha! Oh by the way, the photos I selected only feature me. Since it's my profile, I'll censor out my parents, shall I? Haha! How narcissistic can I be...
Finally, I've just got my posting, and it's a little far from where I live, but I'll make do with it. Anyway it's just a 3-week course. I shan't mention the details due to confidential reasons.
So that's about it, then. Pretty summed up, huh? I'll see you soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment