It was weird, really. Just last Sunday, the day I had to book in to camp one last time before I became a Private, my friends asked me out a few hours before that."Hey, let's go for a drink or something before you book in. It's your last book in to Tekong, you know?"
"Yeah I know that. But you want me to go out in my smart 4? The most dangerous uniform in the world?"
I call it the most dangerous unifrom because it has a lot of regulations attached to it. No walking and talking on the phone; no public displays of affection, just to name a few.
"Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with wearing the smart 4 outside. It's okay to eat and drink in smart 4. If you're going to the arcade in smart 4 then I would advise against it."
"But still..."
"Don't worry. Just come. It's your last book in."
So off I went. We had some tea in Ikea before the time came for me to book in to camp for the final leg of my Basic Military Training (BMT).
I passed out yesterday as a Private. I feel great to have completed my BMT, no doubt a modified one. And now I shall start to savour my 2-week long break. I'll probably get so used to civilian life that when the time comes for me to begin my vocation I would get a rude awakening. Well, I guess every guy in the country has to go through this.
So that completes yet another chapter in my life: My BMT. Like what our Platoon Sergeant told us all when we passed out, "The ending is just the beginning."
1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment