Sunday, January 27, 2008

My big, fat Greek exhibition...

Hi there. Well, it seems to be a cloudy Sunday evening right here in my area. The afternoon was hot, and now it's going to rain. How abrupt...

Things have been happening these past few days. A major change has affected my life, but I won't mention it here because I don't think it's appropriate. And if I may say so, even the most trivial of things can affect me in profound ways. I don't usually have that habit of typing the expression "sigh", but here I must. Sigh...

On a brighter note, I visited the museum with my friends yesterday. I hadn't been inside it since it was last renovated. And I have to say that the architecture is brilliant. Very spacious and clean-cut, especially when walking up to the main entrance from the car park. The last time it had a fence around it.

We visited an exhibition on Greek civilization. Statues and busts of Greek Gods and Godesses were all over the place. Some were finely carved while others were no doubt eroded. A couple of familiar names came up: Athena, Socrates, Plato, Aphrodite, Zeus, Eros, Hermes, just to name a few. We were fortunate enough to be in time for a free guided tour of the exhibition. The guide was marvellous; she probably dug real deep into Greek history...

Anyway, it was a day well spent and I hope to experience even more days like this. Ahh, I wonder what life will throw at me next. I'm signing off here...

No comments: