Once again, it's been quite awhile, yes. And I've missed Chinese New Year, too. Well, here's wishing you a happy and prosperous year in the Earth Rat.
Many things have happened since my last post. Thing is, I can't seem to remember all of them. Firstly, I'm glad to say that my music theory exam results have been released, and I got a distinction for that. So well done to me.
I had a couple of nice outings with some friends of mine. We caught up with one another as usual. Time always seems to leave big gaps between us these days. It isn't like the old days when we saw each other in school every single day. Probably even got sick of each other's face, haha! But now it's different. Times have changed...
It's amazing how people come and go in our lives. I'm pretty sure there's nobody who has ever kept the same friends throughout his lifetime. You know the term, "Soulmates"? Yeah, the one people use only for romantic relationships? Well, I don't know whether you've heard, but there is a new kind of reference for the term, "Soulmates".
You see, whenever we meet someone who seems to be Mr. or Mrs. Right, we refer to him or her as our "soulmate". But most people think that the other people we meet - our friends and acquaintances - are just what they are: friends and acquaintances.
Here's the gist: Why can't we also call them our "soulmates"?
I know you're wondering, "Then what do you call boyfriends and girlfriends?" Well, they are also called soulmates. But to be more exact, romantic soulmates.
I've got to make this clear: Not everyone we come into contact with is our soulmate. It's a little hard to explain, but recently I've come to learn that only certain people who come into our lives are our soulmates. These people have a profound effect on our lives, be it big or small. Let me emphasize once again: These people have a profound effect on our lives - sometimes even in very small ways. And you'll be shocked, but sometimes the people who are not that close to you, or whom you don't have an affinity with, are your soulmates. By the same token, even the people who are closest to you, your parents and relatives, may not be your soulmates. But most of the time, from what I've experienced, soulmates will be the people you associate with the most, like your best friends, for example...
Let me explain what soulmates do. Soulmates come into our lives for a purpose. They come to teach us something. And we're supposed to find out what that lesson is and to learn from it. Sometimes, even people you get to know just for a day and then forget about them, are our soulmates and they have something to teach us. Whether the lesson is big or small, we have to learn from it in this lifetime.
It's karma at work. Unresolved karma from past lifetimes will be brought forward into this lifetime for you to resolve. This is crucial for our soul's evolutionary journey. With each lifetime, our souls will progress until we reach our highest potential on our evolutionary journey. And who better to bring about our lessons than our very own soulmates.
It's amazing, isn't it? So if you're just thinking that your boyfriend or girlfriend is your soulmate, think again. Obviously, your boyfriend or girlfriend came into your life to teach you something about love. But let's not forget the other people we meet. They have something to teach us, too.
I think I'll leave you here for now. It's a good eye opener, don't you think? When you start looking at people this way, your relationships become more meaningful. You start to see a pattern in your relationships with people. You start to understand why this-and-that happened, and what you can learn from it. And when you finally do learn the lesson behind it, some burden you have been carrying inside you gets thrown away. You become that much enlightened on your evolutionary journey...
No comments:
Post a Comment