Tuesday, December 04, 2007

This is the way of life...

Ahh, it's Tuesday. Thank God I'm off today. I had to work last weekend and the crowd just keeps getting bigger because it's the festive season and promotions are all over the place. I'm grateful I'm not working in the sales department; my servicing department is a lot less chaotic...

So we're now in December, the final month of the year. We've reached the end of another year again, I just can't believe it. 2007 is about to vanish into history. Whenever it comes to this time of the year, I can't help feeling emotional. It's like I have to let go of all the experiences I've encountered. I know they'll be stored in the recesses of my memory, but things will never be the same again. Sometimes even the bad experiences can be meaningful enough for you to treasure them. The good experiences, I don't have to mention. Who wants them to end, anyway?

This shows that we have to cherish all our memories, both good and bad. Because memories are the only things we can keep as each experience comes to an end. They're just like photographs, only more vivid. We can access them anytime, experiencing the colours and feelings that play out in our mind's eye. Even as we leave this place, our memories will still be with us, especially the ones which made quite an impact on our previous lives on earth.

We learn from our experiences. The lessons they bring can be easily discovered, or they can be buried deep within the experience itself, requiring you to look beyond the surface. Oftentimes, we have to go within, to dig deep, to return to our core, in order to realise what these experiences have to teach us. The insights you uncover as you "journey to the centre of the earth", so to speak, will jolt you at first, but then you start to realise, from deep within your being, that you've known this all along. You've just forgotten, that's all...

We need to journey back to our core as often as possible. In order to fully be in line with our source and to fully be at ease with ourselves, we need to reflect. We need to know. We need to experience the truth which is buried deep within each one of us, at the very centre of our being. Only then can we understand. Only then can we be enlightened. This very truth which is in every one of us, is linked to every one of us. We are all interconnected. What we experience affects the people around us as well. The things we do reveberate 360 degrees, and come back to us full circle. What you give out, you also receive. "It is in giving that we receive". "What goes around, comes around".

Send blessings out into the world, and watch what comes back to you. Be gateful for what you have, and watch what you receive. This is the way of the universe. Go against the current, and you will be struggling in vain. Flow with the current, and you will experience all that needs to be experienced, and receive all that needs to be received. This is the way of life...

No comments: