Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Do what you love...

Hello! It's less than 2 weeks to Christmas, and I just can't wait to see how the year will come to an end. Things have been getting a little surprising here and there. I think some changes are about to happen. No matter, I welcome them with open arms...

It's my off day today, probably the only time I'm able to type a post. With work burning away each passing day, I can't help feeling that I'm wasting my life away with something I would never want to have a career in. That's exactly the kind of feeling when you're in a job which you hate. That's why I always, always say that we should do what we love to do. Think about it, you only have one chance of living this life. Why would you want to waste each precious day doing something you hate when you can be doing something you love? Stop wasting any more time! Follow your dreams, live your passion, do what you love! When we die, the only thing we can take with us is our memories. Do you want to regret that you wasted your days doing something unfulfilling, or do you want to be satisfied knowing that you pursued your dreams - or at least tried to pursue them?

If you're in the same position as me, trapped in a contract, seize the next chance of getting out. I don't plan to waste any more time and energy doing something which I feel has no meaning for me. Sure, the experience counts, not to mention the money, but in terms of feeding the flames of my heart, no way. I came into this world with a purpose. We came into this world with a purpose. It might not be clear to us at first thought, but I can guarantee you that you'll realise what your purpose is when the time comes. It all begins with what I call "the great awakening". It's the moment when you just stop and think, "What the hell am I doing? Why the hell am I doing this? I don't get any satisfaction doing this." And that's when you fall to your knees and thank God, because you now know what to do. You now have a purpose, a dream, a passion to live for.

The thing you love will be your purpose in this life. It's clearcut. It's that simple. All you have to do is to follow it, live it. In most cases, you will realise that you already have the necessary talents and skills needed to live out that dream. If you haven't, the universe will find a way to equip you with them. However, you need to have that intention in the first place. If you have no intention of following your dreams (for no reason I can think of), then the universe would have no intention of giving you what you want or need. It's the law of attraction at work. Set an intention, and watch the universe open doors for you.

You have to have faith, of course. You have to believe in youself. Sometimes you might find yourself at a dead end, but you have to know that there is always a way out. You might not see a way out, but the universe can. You have to trust it, you see. You have to put your faith in it. Sometimes it feels as though you're putting blind faith into it, but take heart, the universe supports you in all that you do. Set an intention, trust and believe that the universe will manifest it for you, and then be grateful for receving it...

I could go on and on, but I guess you get my point. If you haven't absorbed any of this information, just take this small piece of advice back with you: Don't waste any more time; do what you love...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a website you should check out. It is dedicated to helping people find their purpose in life through articles, exercises and a free online test. Check it out: http://www.theonequestion.com

Anonymous said...

omg! it was josh's birthday on that day...hahahaha!