Well hello. Oh by the way, if you thought I've started working already, it's not true. I'm supposed to be starting this Monday, but it seems that they're pushing back the start-date. How untimely, with all the pressure I've got from my parents, calling me lazy and irresponsible and all that.
You know in life, there are always transitional periods where you're in between something which ended and another which is about to begin. I'm in one of those periods now. And I know this is just a small one compared to the one I experienced the whole of last year. Yup, the whole of last year.
It was a period of ending for me last year. I was about to start a new cycle, and last year was a year in which I had to clear out the old to prepare for the new. This year, I begin a brand new 9-year cycle, and it has been pretty good so far. Inevitably there were times when the going was tough, but overall this year seems to be a very fruitful year.
Right now, the going is a little tough, yes. You see, transitional periods, no doubt necessary, can be quite turbulent at times. Irritatingly so, this is the period where you'll sometimes feel insecure, guilty, and even worthless. We're so used to having something formal to do - like studying or working - that the moment our daily grind ends, we feel insecure, because we stop going to school or work. Let the insecurity linger a little longer and guilt sets in. I'm not doing anything productive, you think. In time, if still nothing major comes up, our sense of worth will start to deteriorate. I'm useless, I might as well not live...
I might be blowing things up, but I've ever experienced those feelings before. Maybe not everyone would feel that way when they're in a transitional period. But this is how it looks through my eyes. Pretty negative, you might think. But hey, I never said I didn't believe in the saying, "The grass is greener on the other side". Blimey, I even tell people I can't wait to grow old!
No comments:
Post a Comment