Monday, July 23, 2007

The aftermath of the release...

Hey! Don't ask me about the book, though! I'm still halfway through it. And don't you dare tell me about the ending, if you've finished reading it, when you see me on the streets. My my, I must say, after reading the first seven chapters, I had the impression that J. K. Rowling wanted to fit in as much action as possible even from the beginning. Since it was the final installment, she was going to give it all she's got. And it has shown up pretty well so far. Not too slow moving and not too fast as well...

It's a cloudy Monday for sure. A new week, but no ordinary week. Now that Harry Potter has come it's not going to be that routine or meaningless. You know, when the book was released at 7:01a.m. on the 21st of July, I never thought I'd be anticipating it that much. I guess it's not everyday Harry Potter gets released in stores. The bookshop I went to didn't display the books on the shelves for people to take for themselves. You had to queue at the cashier if you wanted to purchase a copy. Fair enough, I guess. That way no one would be able to browse through the book if they were to sell it openly. Oh by the way, if you thought I was one of those "madly in love with Harry Potter" fans who queued outside the bookshop before the clock struck 7:01a.m., you were wrong. I decided that morning that I was a bigger fan of my bed...

So then, I'll try to give you my critique on the book once I've finished reading it. Right now, it's storytime...

No comments: