Okay, so we're already nearing the end of March. My days have been pretty long recently. But it's because of a couple of "happy hours" I had after camp...
It's an off day for me today, and I'm taking it nice and easy. Kind of miss the feeling of being home after all those long hours in camp. Someone once told me that when you're in the army, that's when you start to cherish home. How true...
My days in camp are very unpredictable. One day it's monotony, another day there's a major event taking place. The feeling of shock and surprise can be very draining. That's why we cherish our off days so much. "Off is like gold in the army", my friend remarked.
And then there's the big question everyone asks: "When is your ORD?" ORD stands for Operationally-Ready Date. It's the date you leave the army! What could be better than that? Everyone - well, at least most of us - look forward to our ORD. The more you count down to your ORD, the longer it feels...
So that's more or less the collective experience of being a soldier. It all boils down to your jobscope, of course. We all do different things in the army, and there are pros and cons in every vocation.
I guess I'll just be going with the flow. No use struggling upstream, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment