The 3-day weekend comes to a close today. I've had my share of fun - but not without a price.
Friday was spent with my army mates as usual, but it wasn't a normal working day. We had a ceremony in the morning and a dinner in the evening. During the ceremony, we had to participate in some games. And one of them was the good ol' tug-o-war. Since I was so eager for my mates to win, I shouted my heart out - or should I say, my voicebox.
The effects of it took awhile to develop. Surprisingly. I still had my voice during the dinner that evening. It was only the next morning when I opened my mouth to speak, that I realised I didn't sound so good. I was speaking in a low, hoarse whisper, and as I tried to reach a higher pitch, it was as though my higher ranges were all... blown out. Nothing came out of my mouth! This was the first time I ever lost my voice. I still had an eventful day with my cousins. It was a very fortunate day for me as well, just to add.
The next day was Sunday, and again it was a whole day affair for me. This time I was out with two buddies of mine, and we visited the Asian Civilisations Museum. Actually one of us wanted to catch a free performance outside the museum, but we ended up viewing the exhibits inside, too.
So that leaves me with Monday, today. I promised myself to spend it at home, because whenever I have work the next day, the day before must always be a relaxing one. I'm taking it nice and slow now. Some people think it's a waste to spend a no-work day like that; you might as well seize the opportunity and go out and party or do something crazy. But I like it the way it is. Nice and slow now...
No comments:
Post a Comment