Hello, hello! It's a Saturday and my very own off day! It was hard to get this off day, mind you. I tried asking at first but to no avail. It wasn't until last Thursday when they needed someone to replace an absentee that they begged me to help out. Alright, maybe begging's too strong a word, but they certainly needed someone to do the job. Luckily my colleague knew that I wanted Saturday off and he made a deal for me: "Okay, if Oliver works tonight, can you give him an off day on Saturday?" Thank you so much, pal!
So here I am now. Good thing my colleague is also off today, haha. The past few days on the job have been fine. Monotony's there everyday, I must admit. But I'm not really complaining; we still get paid to be bored, don't we? The experiences were interesting enough. You get to see different people at different times of the day. You get to memorize which airline is situated at which row. You get to enter (and shop in) the transit area where all passengers prepare to board their planes at the gates. Finally, you get to know that the whole project ends on the 28th of May. Good or bad, you decide.
Come to think of it now, if they asked me whether or not I would continue with this job if I had the chance, I would think twice about it. One part of me would love to stay since I find working at the airport a pretty nice experience. The other part of me would love to do something new, always in search of new experiences. I call it "The Big 'E'". And I think that's first on my list.
Here's wishing you a great weekend ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment