Red carpet? Check.
Spotlights? Check.
Paparazzi? Check.
"Ladies and gentlemen... please welcome... 2-0-0-9!!!"
*Applause*
*Continued applause*
*Applause fades*
2009 speaks, "Thank you, thank you! Thank you for that wonderful welcome. Ah, it's great to be here. I'm glad to see all of you.
"I hope my predecessor, 2008, didn't give you a hard time?"
*Crowd stirs*
"What's that? It did? Ah yes... I did hear about those terrible events. Economic crisis, earthquakes, Mumbai attacks... Regrettable, indeed...
"But hold your horses, ladies and gentlemen! 2009 has come! 2008 is no more!
"I promise you... I promise you that I will give you a year you won't regret. I will take away your troubles, and give you joy like never before. I will be your most favourite year of all!"
*Cheering and applause*
Spotlights? Check.
Paparazzi? Check.
"Ladies and gentlemen... please welcome... 2-0-0-9!!!"
*Applause*
*Continued applause*
*Applause fades*
2009 speaks, "Thank you, thank you! Thank you for that wonderful welcome. Ah, it's great to be here. I'm glad to see all of you.
"I hope my predecessor, 2008, didn't give you a hard time?"
*Crowd stirs*
"What's that? It did? Ah yes... I did hear about those terrible events. Economic crisis, earthquakes, Mumbai attacks... Regrettable, indeed...
"But hold your horses, ladies and gentlemen! 2009 has come! 2008 is no more!
"I promise you... I promise you that I will give you a year you won't regret. I will take away your troubles, and give you joy like never before. I will be your most favourite year of all!"
*Cheering and applause*
~ The End ~
Alright, ignore what you've just read. That probably has to be the lamest start to an entry. I ran out of ideas, okay?
Anyway, I know it's pretty late to be welcoming the new year when it has already started 2 weeks ago. And boy, have I been busy with stuff...
I have to stay over in camp a lot this month. Long story. Nevertheless, things have been pretty smooth thus far. In fact they've been better than average...
Well, just thought I'd update my blog with the first post of 2009. Oh, come to think of it, Chinese New Year is just around the corner. A little too soon, huh? I haven't even settled down yet...
Since I'm really out of words now, I shall end here. I'll try to find another time when I have something more meaningful to say. Until then, cherio!
No comments:
Post a Comment