Saturday, July 12, 2008

Now what?

I've unofficially completed my course. The rest of it now is the posting and stuff. I certainly want to get posted somewhere near my house. And I really want a position which I can handle well.

It's a little scary to think that this is what I'll be doing for the rest of my 2 years in National Service (NS). 2 years can seem a short time, but as I live day to day, it can be as long as hell. But then again, who knows? Vocations can change. Surprises happen all of a sudden. In fact I just had one this past week. I won't elaborate on it, but for a moment there I almost had to make one of the biggest decisions in my life so far. I'm not exaggerating.

But now that it's possibly over, my life has gone back to normal. It's funny how just thinking if I should make that crucial decision can turn my life from carefree to solemn. Suddenly you see people around you living their carefree lives and you being faced with a crossroads. Even crossroads seems to be an understatement.

The mind is a funny thing, I tell you. Our perceptions are the ones which dictate our state of mind. Our emotions are controlled by how we view things, how we judge things. Good and bad; right and wrong; lucky and unlucky; they're just two ends of the same thing. The difference lies in our perception, our judgement.

So life seems to be very surprising, indeed. One moment you think you've settled down, the next moment you're faced with a huge decision. I can't even guess what's going to happen next...

1 comment:

GinSceneThor said...

nice post...

"One moment you think you've settled down, the next moment you're faced with a huge decision"

I can somehow relate to this line...