Friday, November 09, 2007

I'll be home for Christmas...

It's my second off day for the week and I'm spending a quiet day at home. After all the stress and commotion of working life, I can't help being thankful for the home I can return to, the sanctuary where I rejuvenate.

Yesterday, which was my first off day, was spent with an old friend whom I haven't seen for nearly 2 years since the 'O' Levels. My my, what a reunion. The best part of it was, we spent our day in town as though we just saw each other the day before - just like the afternoons we spent after school together. Those were the days, I tell you. I hope to meet up again some time soon...

Tomorrow, my family would be celebrating my grandmother's birthday in the evening. My supervisor didn't allow me to take the day off and so I can only head there after work. I'll be looking forward to it, especially after a long day at work. I always find myself lucky enough to attend some kind of occasion after certain days of work. For some reason people would ask me out for dinner and I would tell them, "Thank God you called." So I'll be waiting for your call!

Other than that, I still can't seem to think we're nearing Christmas. Obviously it's because in the past, this time of the year would be the holidays for me. But right now I'm experiencing what it's like to be working during the so called holidays. When I saw the Christmas decorations in town yesterday, I had a slight jolt again, reminding me that Christmas is around the corner. Looks like this Christmas would be nothing like the ol' Christmases I used to have. Now I know how it feels to be a working adult at Christmas time.

And so I guess I'll sign off here again. But not without promising you this:

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents round the tree

Christmas eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

If only in my dreams...

No comments: