Hello to all! Whoa, pretty looong time since I wrote last time. Yeah, lots of stuff's been going on during the past week. Not major stuff, though. Just the minor ones. Lots of them. I had to juggle between work, hobby, study (oh yes), and goals. Interesting time I had, albeit busy. But now that I've accomplished most of my desires, run my errands, and smoothen out my routine, I can finally come back to Blogger and type, type, type!
Just last Thursday we celebrated National Day. Singapore has turned 42 now. And what a change we had in the location of the parade. We used to hold it in the National Stadium, but now that it's going to be refurbished, we held it at the bay. Yes, near The Esplanade, with the world's first floating stage. I preferred the environment there, with the backdrop of the city skyline and stuff. It's not everyday you get to see the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) parachuting in town or the Navy diving into the waters at the marina bay. Not to mention fireworks being launched from the tallest buildings of the Central Business District (CBD). Great venue, really...
Work has been going smooth, but I must admit, it's getting too monotonous. I've mentioned to my colleague that even though the working hours are not too long and the pay's reasonable, the kind of work you do has a much more profound effect on your mood. I've now fully grasped this fact. Monotony and boredom are probably the silent killers in work life. You know that song, "Killing Me Softly"? Yeah, they give you a slow death. Funny how human nature works - or maybe it's just me. If our job's too surprising, we get fed up. If our job's too boring, we also get fed up. What do we want, then? A balance? Yeah, I guess so, but can we really find a job with the right balance? I'm starting to believe we can. But of course, we cannot expect the right balance all the time. We have to be prepared for life's abruptness sometimes...
Work aside, I focus now on my personal life and my hobbies. I've been viciously prowling the market the past few days. For quite awhile before now, I've been wanting to get 2 books that appealed to me. I'd searched most of the online bookstores but they didn't carry them - locally, at least. But then I managed to find them on ebay and also another well-known foreign publishing company. And so I compared their prices, converting them into Singapore Dollars, at the same time saving up enough money to purchase them. I'd actually decided to purchase the books from ebay, but just yesterday, a lovely surprise happened. In my mailbox, I received a $10 discount from the foreign publishing company for all purchases above $20. And since I had 2 books to buy, they added up nicely to just above $20. What more could I do? I got them from the foreign publishing company instead.
So then, everything seems to be going as planned. About my job, I've decided to find something new by the end of this month. It looks like great days ahead, people. I hope you're having a good time. Vive la dolce vita!
No comments:
Post a Comment